Sunday, March 18, 2012

Waffling on

Yesterday I was given a second hand waffle maker. Today I made waffles. 

I've never experienced the joy of waffles, let alone created one from scratch. I'd heard they were like crispy pancakes with a square pattern imprinted on either side. Little did I know that were so much better than mere words. 

How to make this wonder:
1 Cup of flour
2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
2 1/2 Tablespoons of Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 Egg
3/4 Cup of Milk
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence 
Butter for the Waffle Iron
Mix all dry ingredients - mix all the wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. Mix until it is well incorporated. Laddle batter into Waffle Wonder iron that has been pre-heated and greased lightly with butter. Close lid. Cook until golden brown, which will take approx. 4 minutes. Serve with butter, cinnamon and a banana. 


And, oh my, how wonderous they taste. So crispy and sugary. Best eaten with a steaming beverage on a gloomy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment